What to pack for your walking holiday
When walking it’s always good to be prepared for all types of different weather. Sometimes it can be difficult to know what to pack for your walking holiday. Here we’ve tried to list some of the important things that you shouldn’t be without when on your walking holiday in the South West.
It is good to bear in mind that here in the South West weather can be unpredictable, or at least the forecast can occasionally be unreliable, so you should be prepared for rain or shine. When walking on some of the routes in the South West of England it is also beneficial to consider that you may walk over several different terrains throughout one days walk, if not throughout one days walk then certainly over a few days walk so it could be of use to bring more than one pair of footwear with you.
We have teamed up with a great stockist ‘OUTBACKTRADING’ for all your walking needs. They offer 10% discount on your orders online; all you need to do is use the code luggagetransfer when making your purchase on the link below.
What to pack for your walking holiday.
The must haves!
- Walking boots. The ankle support is vital when walking on rough and uneven terrain. Walking boots help keep your feet stable and provide comfort when walking.
- Breathable socks, wool socks are usually best for walking. Merino wool is good for absorbing moisture and regulate temperature.
- Waterproofs. Carrying a good set of waterproofs with you will allow you to still enjoy your walk without being soaked through your walking clothes.
- Comfy breathable clothing. Breathable clothing is best for walking as it will allow moisture to escape, provide ventilation and keep you cool.
- Warm Hat & Gloves or Sun Hat.
In your day bag
- First aid kit / Blister cream / insect repellent
- Sun cream
- Spare socks/ laces
- Water bottle
- Flask for hot drinks
- Any medication you might need
- Mobile, fully charged
- Emergency contact details
- Dry bags
Extras you may want!
- Walking Poles
- Mobile charge back-up pack
- Thermal blanket
- Kendal mint cake!
- Fluorescent item