Luggage Transfers (Lt) Mission Statement.
Luggage Transfers are committed to providing a cost effective and reliable service to the walkers along the South West Coast Path. We will collect your luggage from an agreed pick up location and deliver it to an agreed destination.
Terms and Conditions for the Service provided by Luggage Transfers
- Luggage Transfers –To be referred to as Lt from point 2
onwards- agree to provide luggage transfer along the entire South west Coast path including the following walker
drop off points:
- Lt delivers for both individual walkers and cyclists of the coast path and also numerous companies who sub-contract the delivery work to Lt. These terms and conditions are in force for all customers of Lt, whether individual walkers or companies, unless specifically stated.
- Up to 2 bags with a weight limit of 25 kg per bag, will be charged as per the pricing stated within our website. Some destinations may be negotiable dependant on factors such as distance, accessibility etc.
- Bags exceeding 25kg will be subject to a surcharge of £10 which will be requested on the day of the transfer accompanied by a request for the weight limit to be complied with for future transfers. Failure to comply will result in the cancellation of all future Luggage Transfers and implementation of our cancellation conditions. See below.
- Making a booking & Payment - Upon receipt of a completed booking form, Luggage Transfers will send you a quote for your transfers. You are responsible for checking this quote in detail before confirming to ensure dates, bag numbers and accommodations are correct. We accept payment via domestic bank transfer in the following currencies; British Pounds, Euros, American Dollars and Australian Dollars. If you wish to pay in anything other than Pounds, please let us know and we will provide you with the up to date exchange rate. We use the mid market rate, meaning there are no additional fees. You can also pay using a debit or credit card. Whilst we do not charge a fee for using a credit or debit card, your card provider may. Cash payments have temporarily been suspended due to the Covid-19 government guidelines.
- Payments from Walking Holiday Arrangement Companies - must be made within 14 days of receipt of invoice. Invoicing will occur monthly in arrears, usually by the 5th of each month for the calendar month before it, however Luggage Transfers reserves the right to invoice before the transfer bookings take place, dependent on relationship, history, and market conditions.
- Cancellations/Postponements - If you wish to cancel, then all monies will be refunded (minus a £10 admin fee) for transfers cancelled before 12pm (midday) on the day prior to the transfer taking place. If you wish to postpone, then all monies will be carried forward in the form of a credit note for transfers postponed before 12pm (midday) on the day prior to the transfer taking place. Credit notes are valid for a period of 12 months from the date issued unless advised otherwise at the time of booking. Cancellations and Postponements must be received via email or the phone. If the phone is unanswered please leave a message.
- Changes to bookings by the customer - Lt will endeavour to make any relevant changes to your booking without any further fees applying, however Lt reserves the right to charge an additional administration fee where changes become so burdensome that charges become appropriate in the view of Lt's Operations Manager. It is the responsibility of the customer to inform both Lt and the accommodation provider(s) of any relevant changes or cancellations to any booking or itinerary. In the event that the customers failure to inform Lt and/or the accommodation providers results in financial loss to Lt, then Lt reserves the right to charge an additional fee to the customer reflecting that loss.
- Luggage Transfers agree to indemnify any loss of a WHOLE luggage item up to £250. However this only applies during the transfer period, between the time our driver picks up the item to the time he/she delivers it. Any loss of or from luggage after delivery is not covered.
- The customer must agree that drivers are able to use their discretion in the delivery of luggage should an accommodation be unstaffed on arrival.
Exercising such discretion may require luggage to be dropped off in a porch/outhouse or other such suitable alternative that has been agreed with the accommodation provider without any liability against loss or damage on the part of Luggage Transfers.
- Luggage Transfers will aim to collect and deliver your luggage between 0900hrs and 1600hrs.
- It is the responsibility of the walker/customer who books the luggage transfer with Lt, to ensure that the luggage is available to be collected at all times between 0900hrs and 1600hrs, or within any other agreed time frame made between the accommodation owner and the local driver who has been allocated the delivery. In the event that luggage is not available for collection, and a later repeat pick up is required, Lt reserves the right to charge reasonable expenses incurred for having to repeat the journey or otherwise sub-contract the repeat journey to another service provider.
- Luggage Transfers Ltd. will always make every effort to ensure luggage is collected and delivered between the agreed times. However should an unforeseen circumstance occur such as vehicle break down or accident, then this may not be possible. In this event we will make every effort to make alternate and acceptable arrangements. Luggage Transfers does not accept any consequential liability resulting from such late deliveries
- Liability - Luggage Transfers Ltd. does not accept liability for any damage claims to bags or their contents, however we will of course take every care to ensure no damage results from our service.
- Luggage Transfers Ltd recommend that you obtain fully comprehensive insurance in respect of your luggage and its contents.
- Luggage Transfers Ltd provide luggage and general kit transfer by sub-contracting transfers to self employed drivers and taxi drivers based all around the south west of England and Wales. Our service to you, the customer, is wholly there to ensure transfers are combined in order to reduce overall costs to the customer and to reduce environmental impact. We do not accept any legal responsibility or liability whatsoever for the luggage or any accidents/damage/injury or any other mishap that may occur during the transfer of the luggage. To clarify: the driver that is sub-contracted to, by us, retains full legal responsibility and is fully liable for anything that occurs after he or she has accepted the transfer at the point that we inform him/her of the transfer in question. The fact that Luggage Transfers Ltd. agrees to pay direct to the customer up to £250 for lost luggage subject to the points raised within the above point no.7, is in no way an acceptance of liability as Luggage Transfers Ltd. will in all cases seek to be recompensed by the self employed driver in question, in the event that luggage is lost during the transfer process. This payment is a good will gesture in order to ensure that the customer does not need to get involved in recovering monies from any particular driver, and nothing more.
- You (the customer) accept that Luggage Transfers Ltd. are not able to check that all drivers that are sub-contracted to by Luggage Transfers Ltd. are complying with every legal requirement of the relevant enforcing authorities and that it is fully the responsibility of the self employed driver who is sub-contracted to, to ensure they are fully compliant with all relevant legal requirements in force at any particular time. This is because Luggage Transfers Ltd. retain the ability to sub-contract to any particular self employed driver or taxi driver in order to ensure the transfer occurs efficiently, and the customer accepts that it is not practicable or necessary for Luggage Transfers Ltd. to carry out these checks.
- Luggage Transfers Ltd. may provide advice from time to time as required by you, the customer. However you accept that Luggage Transfers Ltd. is not liable in any way for any advice given by it or any of its sister companies, and that advice is just that - advice. Only you (the customer) is in full receipt of all of the background details and abilities of you and your party, and of any given situation whilst actually on holiday, and you accept therefore that it is only you that can determine which advice given by Luggage Transfers and its other businesses and interests is relevant and safe for you and any others in your party. Therefore after any advice is dispensed by us, it is ultimately you (the customer) that retains full liability for your own decisions and actions.
- Luggage Transfers agree to provide the service on the terms set out above for any bookings that are accepted by us (accepted meaning that we have confirmed by email or phone that your booking has been made). Our terms and conditions are otherwise subject to change at any time.
- Luggage Transfers do not store financial information such as Bank Account or Card details.