Booking Yourself vs Holiday Company
When it comes to booking your holiday there are options, you could do all the research and booking yourself, or you could tell a holiday company your requirements and sit back whilst they make the booking for you.
Booking your own walking holiday can be time consuming and takes a lot of thought. There are many things to consider, whether you plan to walk a chunk of the path, or the whole route, a lot of planning will need to go into it.
Things to consider
- Firstly, you will need to consider location, so where do you plan to walk from and to each day? Which route do you want to walk?
How long would you like your holiday to be, are you planning a few days walking, a week walking or a few weeks walking? Please click here to see our routes.
How many miles do you want to walk per day?
- Next thing to consider; is there a choice of accommodation in a particular town or village? Some areas may only have one accommodation making availability a little less likely. Our list of Walker Friendly Accommodations may help with your planning.
- You may also like to consider public transport, Ferries and tide times.
- Lastly, you will want to consider cafes/restaurants along the way. Car parking for the duration of your holiday, or an airport/station transfers.
Benefits to booking yourself
- Often, booking yourself can work out cheaper than if you were to use a holiday company, however as mentioned above a lot of work goes into the planning on a walking holiday.
- Flexibility; you can book last minute, or book as you go meaning that you have the ability to stay longer in one place if you want.
- You can choose your own accommodation.
“EVERY JOURNEY BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP” – Maya Angelou
Why use a holiday company?
- If you choose to use a holiday company to book your holiday, it will be stress free. You can provide them with your requirements and sit back and relax.
- Walking companies have professional, well experienced, and knowledgeable staff.
- They will organise your transport, luggage transfers, accommodations, and maps/guidebooks, as well as build your itinerary.
Trusted by and working with Walk the Trail and many others.