Sadly not very much remains of Narberth Castle, although much of the site is very pleasingly laid to lawn and is a good spot to have a picnic. The history surrounding the castle lies way back in the dim and distant past with the earliest mention of a Norman Castle here in 1116. The present stone buildings were erected some time during the 13th century by Andrew Perrot. The castle reverted to royal possession in 1425. The present remains were renovated and opened to the public in 2006.